Wednesday 25 July 2007

Drilling, hammering, banging

Please, I can't take any more drilling. Make it stop.

My (shared) office is surrounded by drilling, hammering, banging and other sounds of building work. The offices across the corridor are having a makeover, as are the offices in the next corridor on the other side. So, if it's not happening on one side, it's happening on the other. Or, if we're really unlucky, it's happening on both. And, to make matters worse, the builders are playing bad music. Loudly. Presumably so they can hear it over the drilling, hammering, banging and other sounds of building work.

I could work at home, but my Not So Crazy Neighbours (who are actually related to Crazy Neighbours who live on the other side) are doing D.I.Y., which means there's drilling, hammering, banging and other sounds of building work there too.

I can't decide if the banging in my head is an echo of the building work, a result of the building work, or a symptom of being in the final stages of my PhD...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Urgh that reeks!! How un-fun is that!? Hammering at work, hammering at home.... if you start to hear hammering when you're walking down an empty street then I give you permission to think its your PhD driving you bonkers.

Autumn Song said...

:)

Thanks. The hammering seems to have stopped - at least on one side of the corridor - for the moment...

Sarah Sometimes said...

Dear Autumn Song:

Thanks for your comment on my post the other day--it's so lovely to have a new reader! I am glad to discover your blog, too....