Tuesday 8 April 2008

Multiple choice TV

I got a new TV this week. It has Freeview, so I can watch digital TV. So, here is your multiple choice question:

I decided to get digital TV because:

a) the digital switchover is coming, and I want to be prepared...

b) I have only had 4 channels for 10 years

c) it will allow me to watch the later night repeats of programmes I would usually watch during the day so I can get more work done before I turn on the TV

d) a particular programme that I really like which used to be on two channels, one terrestrial and one digital, is now only showing on the digital channel (meanies) so I had to get digital to watch it.

I'm afraid there is no prize for the right answer, but have fun guessing!

Right. Have to go. New TV to watch!

4 comments:

ThePhDLitChick said...

I'd suggest one further option:
e) I got digital TV because it was free/discounted with the new TV!

I'd have gone for that option if I could have but since it's not there, I suspect it's the last one where the programme you like has gone onto digital TV!

September Blue said...

I'm jealous! Still stuck on the time-consuming not-entirely-legal download route here to get around d) issues. It's the digital-age equivalent of the schedule-switching that all the channels used to do to most of the programmes I liked, on (I'm guessing) the grounds that fans of sci-fi/cult stuff will watch it no matter when it's on. The fact that this is totally true does not stop me feeling insulted, and I blame BBC2 and Channel 4 ENTIRELY for all the dark circles under my eyes on school mornings back in sixth form.

September Blue said...

Heh... re-reading that, it sounds like I'm claiming that I don't watch all the same stuff now I'm older. Yeah, right... ;)

Autumn Song said...

Well, it wasn't "e)" and I got a new TV specifically for digital - there was nothing wrong with my old one.

For the re-scheduling, most channles have that watch it on the internet for a week afterwards at any time you like now, so you don't have to stay up very late!