Friday 18 April 2008

Parties

Over the last few days, it's been quite noisy around my flat. On Wednesday, from about mid-afternoon until 11pm, and last night from tea-time until after I went to bed around 1am, there was loud music. On Thursday it was definitely from the flat upstairs; on Wednesday I wasn't sure where it was from, but it was pretty much the same music both times, so I guess it was coming out of their window and bouncing back off the nearby buildings.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, you may say. A lot of people listen to similar music. But not these songs. Here's a list of what they were playing, amongst others:

Agadoo (at least 4 times)
YMCA
Time Warp (twice)
Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
So Macho
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

And there was definitely dancing to the Time Warp - I heard the thud on the floor upstairs when there was a 'jump to the left'.

Now, it's been a long time since I heard all these songs at all, let alone all together. It reminds me of birthday parties when I was younger. A time of kids' party DJs giving out prizes for the best dancer (I won one once - and upstairs were only missing the 'Superman' song to match the music combination for that party). I wondered if I should go upstairs with party bags.

But the thing about those parties was that there was always at least one or two responsible adults present. And the kids wouldn't have been allowed outside the building (yes, they were singing "So Macho" without the backing track outside my window). And everyone would have gone home and been in bed WAY before 2am.

It's all very quiet upstairs today. Ah, yes. When we aren't eating jelly and ice-cream, and, more importantly, drinking multi-coloured juice, the hangover is much more likely.

No comments: