Tuesday 17 June 2008

Qualifications

As I graduate in under a fortnight, I don't see a problem with giving my title as Dr rather than Ms. I have worked hard for, and been awarded, my PhD. Before that I worked hard for and was awarded a first class BA (Hons) and an M.Litt with distinction.

I'm not writing this in order to boast. I'm hoping someone can shed a little light on a question.

Why, given my undergraduate and graduate qualifications and my not unsubstantial teaching experience, does the university to which I am applying for a Teaching Fellowship need to know in full detail my GCSE results?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they think you're too good to be true ??

Autumn Song said...

Hmm. Maybe it's to do with the amount of time and effort an applicant is willing to put into the form. If you are prepared to go and find this information and then lay it out tidily and appropriately as instructed, you pass the first test...