Monday 7 July 2008

Who are my friends?

Well, I finally gave in and joined up to Facebook. Joining didn't seem to be difficult, but there is so much stuff on the screen that I'm finding actually using it very complicated. No one who told me to join told me it would be confusing. I think they should have.

But I have to say the strangest thing about it, is being told who my friends are. "Autumn and ThePhDLitChick are now friends", it tells me confidently at 11am; "Autumn and the Italian Speaker are now friends" it tells me slightly later. And I find myself thinking surely this was true before? Does it take linking to them through an internet networking site for this to be true? Does linking on Facebook suddenly make this indisputable fact? And then I think, can friendships be facts? And then I think, perhaps I should be thinking about something else...

1 comment:

ThePhDLitChick said...

Yes, you are thinking too much about it! I hadn't thought of it being complicated but then I suppose you forget that first feeling you have when you register and then attempt to find your way about! I'd say....just explore! Click all the tabs and find out what they all do! Customise, customise, customise!