Friday 24 October 2008

A post of sad news.

Yesterday my family had to say goodbye to a much loved pet: our collie, Rosie, who had been ill for some time. It is always difficult to lose such a clever and affectionate member of the family, but it is comforting to know that she is no longer in pain, or struggling with a rare doggy disorder (an extraordinary dog like Rosie wouldn't settle for a common-or-garden illness).

I'm sending extra hugs to Sees Through the Eyes of Children and The Artist to whom she 'officially' belonged, although really Rosie was always in charge.

Rosie taught my Little Dog a lot of things - some good habits, some bad. And we will all miss her very much indeed.

2 comments:

September Blue said...

I'm sorry :( She sounded like a wonderful dog.

The Shrink of Virtue said...

Aw poor doggie, I'm sorry :-(