Friday 17 August 2007

In which I could not get my glasses mended...

I went into town this morning. My most comfortable pair of glasses broke on Wednesday and I was taking them to the opticians. I have a second pair, but they aren't so comfortable, and having spent most of yesterday seeing how much of my work I could do without wearing my glasses and finding that the answer was 'not much at all', I decided to go to get the broken ones fixed.

I haven't been into town for a while. Maybe if I went more often it wouldn't distract me so much. I went to Boots the chemist and bought some of my favourite moisturiser (my supply is low, it's Boots own brand and I was in town anyway...), a birthday card for a friend, a protective pouch for my telephone (that they were selling at the card shop and I couldn't help it) and a new pair of flat black comfortable practical shoes.

I hate shoe shopping (it's hard to find shoes that fit my extremely narrow feet and aren't ridiculously highly priced) so when I see a pair that look like they might fit and are within my price-range I have to try them on. And my old pair of practical flat black shoes died some time ago. Anyway, I tried on a few pairs and found a pair that fit. Not elegant, as such, but comfortable and practical and that was the point. And under £20! Bargain.

As for the glasses: nothing they can do - the spring is broken. Need new pair. I did ask them to look at the pair I'm wearing to see if they could make them slightly more comfortable and it seems to have worked - at least for the moment. Fingers crossed.

No comments: