Thursday 22 May 2008

Even with lots of coffee...

Today I'm off to take the hard bound copy of my thesis to the University in the Beautiful Scottish City that I Miss. I arranged the trip to coincide with a conference in the department, so I'm staying for the weekend, and going to a ceilidh. (I've missed ceilidhs too!).

The trip won't be all fun though; I have to take some marking with me. Due to an unfortunate combination of when I am away and when my second marker is away, she needs to have the essays on Monday morning at the latest, and I won't be back until late on Sunday night. I'm sure I can get them marked around panels and in free time - definitely not during panels because that would be very bad conference behaviour - it just means I shall be a nervous wreck about misplacing them on my travels. I'll be counting them at regular intervals, just to be sure I've got them all!

I did try to get the theory essays marked before I left, but didn't manage it. I planned to stay up late last night to get through more of them but I discovered that even with the best of intentions, and more caffeine than I've drunk in quite a while, it's impossible to make sense of a theory essay in the early hours of the morning. I tried. I really did. I have marked essays through the night before without struggle. But some of these are hard to make sense of when I'm wide awake. I had no chance at 1am...

No comments: