Monday 15 December 2008

Counting down.

Someone told me this morning that it will be Christmas day in ten days time.

I was inclined to laugh, until I realised that it was actually true.

Ten days to Christmas.

I am, at least, almost prepared in terms of presents. I'm afraid most of my shopping was done online this year. Not very Christmassy, I suppose, but I have put thought into presents and / or got people what they've asked for, so I guess that is what counts, rather than the going out and making my way through the Christmas shopping crowds. I will go out and buy Christmas cards for family, though; I like to spend time reading the cards until I find the right one. I've already got the ones to send out to friends, although I haven't sent them yet. It seems I might need to buy some more - it's nice to realise you have more friends than you thought!

But I haven't been feeling very Christmassy. This term has flown by so quickly, and I'm just about still afloat. I'm making a concerted effort to clear the 'left overs' from my desk before Christmas, but more stuff keeps being added on to the list (not metaphorically - I've actually written a list so that I don't forget things, and can tick things off it).

I don't think I'll get through all of it - I'm working in Philosophy for four days before Christmas - but I'll have a go.

Ten days isn't very long...

2 comments:

Mosca the Grouch said...

Ten days is loads of time. Just think back to how much you could get done ten days before a deadline back in the Phd days. (I am of course attempting to convince myself of this at the moment.) Also, having done the in town Christmas shopping yesterday, I would advise you to browse online for cards, or make them yourself. It was not pretty.

The Shrink of Virtue said...

Sympathy. Am working until Christmas Eve.... not bought any cards or presents at all and don't feel in the least Christmassy - eek!